‘The day the big men cried’
So the snow-struck 14th stage of the 1988 Giro came to be known. While his rivals floundered in the flurries of snow, seized by the cold, Hampsten, seemingly impervious to the conditions, forged ahead and into the pink jersey at the finish in Bormio.
Without the luxury of a winter hat, Andy’s mop of blonde hair resembled a snowball by the time he crested the summit. To keep your head warm while on cold winter rides, the limited edition Gavia Winter Hat combines a waterproof fabric on the front panel and brim with a warm merino fabric at the rear. Embroidered logos on the front and side of the hat celebrate an iconic ride while an embroidered Rapha logo features on the underside of the brim.
Details and Materials
- Waterproof material on the front panels
- Embroidered logo on side panel
- Wool ribbing to cover your ears
- Rapha’s RPM 150 merino fabric with thick lining for warmth
- Embroidered Rapha logo on underside of the brim
- Machine wash – 30C
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not bleach
- Use detergent formulated for wools and silks
- Do not iron
- Hang immediately after washing
- Do not dry clean
Thank you for your request. We’ll contact you when your Gavia Winter Hat is available.
Rest of World