Frames for Fausto
Based on Rapha’s popular Classic Glasses II, this special edition pair pays homage to one of the coolest riders to ever race a bicycle. Fausto Coppi didn’t just knock his rivals into submission, he did so while oozing panache. The frames on these glasses use a special ‘Havana’ acetate from prestigious Italian manufacturers Mazzuchelli 1849 which offers a pink hue in the sunlight - a nod to the colour synonymous with Coppi and Italy’s great race - while several other small touches complete a luxury finish. Coppi’s signature is inlaid in chrome on the right-hand temple, with the Rapha logo on the other. An exclusive Coppi illustration has been etched onto the right-hand lens, which is a world-class Carl Zeiss model and comes in a classic green colour. The frame arms have been finished with the same ribbed gripper as used on the Pro Team Flyweight Glasses to ensure a secure fit whether riding, worn on top of the head or in the vents of a helmet.Green lens specifications:
- Category 3 lens: 11.98% light transmittance
- Oleophobic and hydrophobic coating on back and front
- AR-5 anti-reflective coating on back of lens
- 100% protection from UV rays
Details and Materials
- Special edition Fausto Coppi edition
- Handmade in Italy
- Special ‘Havana’ acetate offers pink hue in sunlight
- Custom chrome inlay of Coppi signature on right frame arm
- Exclusive Coppi illustration etched onto right lens
- Classic green colour lens for enhancing greys, greens and browns
- Wraparound shape for excellent coverage field of vision
- Lenses made by Carl Zeiss Vision
- Mazzucchelli acetate frames that fit any face shape
- Metal core
- Integrated nose pads
- 8 base spherical lens
36 ReviewsRead Reviews
- Not for direct observation of the sun
- Not for use as eye protection against mechanical impact hazards
- Not suitable for driving in twilight or at night
- Don’t leave in intense direct sunlight
Rapha Bidon - Large
Are these lenses polarised?
Are these polarized like the other Classic IIs?
Can you put prescription lenses in these?
Thank you for your request. We’ll contact you when your Special Edition Coppi Glasses is available.
Rest of World