From 5th – 8th June 2020, the Rapha Cycling Club will convene once again for its eighth club Summit at the home of Rapha Japan, where we know the roads and the local area better than anyone. These weekends are always a highlight of the year for members who attend, with the emphasis as much on spending quality time with like-minded friends from the club as enjoying incredible riding for all abilities.
We are delighted to host this Summit in the small mountain town of Hokuto, where Rapha Japan has had its office for over ten years. Visiting in June, the RCC will arrive as the last of the winter snow recedes and the green shoots of spring emerge. With any luck, we’ll experience sunlight streaming through the trees – a seasonal phenomenon known locally as ‘komorebi’. Located at the centre of Japan’s mountainous spine, there will be a range of winding passes to tackle, as well as equally beautiful but less intense routes all put together by our local team.
Attendees will also be able to enjoy the unique blend of culture, countryside and cuisine that the Yatsugatake region offers, with visits to the relaxing onsen natural spring baths and local sake breweries a perfect way of recovering after your daily rides.
The RCC Summit Japan will include:
- Up to four days of riding on varied parcours in sociably-sized groups led by Rapha Ride Leaders
- Short and long route options and social, medium and sportive paces
– Lunch each day (excluding departure day)
- Dinner on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- On-road food and nutrition
- Expert planning and guiding, and mechanical support vehicle
- A full programme of off-bike events
- Exclusive RCC Summit Jersey for all attendees
Three nights’ single or twin/double occupancy in a ‘Western Style’ hotel room, or the option to find your own accommodation.
- Single occupancy – 1 guest per room – 80 places
- Shared occupancy – Twin or Double (Two guests per room) – 20 places
*Please note, "Western Style Twin rooms" provide clean and comfortable accommodation similar to a 2-3* rated hotel. All rooms have 2 x 120cm beds.
No accommodation – These places are the most suitable choice for Japan-based members who have access to their own vehicle for transport. Please note, there is very limited alternative accommodation availability within walking or cycling distance of our Summit Hotel.
For all further information, please visit our Summit Feature Page.