Inspired by eyewear heritage, built for the modern rider
The City Glasses are styled for everyday living while possessing the technical functionality required of sports eyewear. Manufactured in Italy, they feature scratch-resistant, hydrophobic and oleophobic Carl Zeiss lenses to ensure excellent visual clarity, and use a bespoke two-position locking hinge system to keep them secure either folded or open while on the move. Weighing 30g, the glasses are comparable to the lightest-weight sports sunglasses available today.
The arms are crafted from galvanised stainless steel to prevent corrosion, and their narrow structure ensures unobstructed peripheral vision. The frames are made from fine Mazzucchelli Italian acetate that is both lightweight and durable. This cotton-based organic material also features on the temple grips to allow the glasses to be customised to the rider’s head shape by an optician.
Available in two shapes – to accommodate a range of faces – and a variety of colours, with ‘French Alps’ and ‘LA’ inspired by classic Rapha photoshoots in these respective destinations, the City Glasses are as at home on the road as they are off it.
Grey - green lens: Category 3: 12.81% light transmittance
Brown lens: Category 3: 9.72% light transmittance
Green lens: Category 3: 12.13% light transmittance
Dark grey lens: Category 3: 11.47% light transmittance
Details and Materials
- Manufactured in Italy
- Lightweight frame arms made using metal injection moulding
- Bespoke locking hinge to help securely position glasses while riding
- Lightweight and durable Mazzucchelli acetate frames
- Details inspired by racing glasses
- Carl Zeiss Vision lens offers excellent visual clarity
- Durable and scratch resistant
- Hydrophobic and oleophobic coating
- Integrated nose pads
- Prescription ready
25 ReviewsRead Reviews
- Not for direct observation of the sun
- Not for use as eye protection against mechanical impact hazards
- Not suitable for driving in twilight or at night
- Do not leave in a place of direct sunlight or high heat, like on the car dashboard
- Clean lenses regularly
- Use the included case to store the glasses
- If the frames need adjustment, take them to an optician
Rapha Bidon LG
Which one of these models have the white-ish interior shown on the photo?
Hi! Could I put the glasses on the helmet? Does it stay there? Thanks...
What's the sizeing of the city round glasses please?
Are the sunglasses able to be fitted with prescription lenses? Or can only the black frames be fitted with lenses?
Is the 42.5mm lens width correct? Seems very small, like kids glasses.
Are these lenses polarized?
Thank you for your request. We’ll contact you when your City Round Glasses is available.
Rest of World