DATE: Saturday, 3rd June
START AND FINISH POINT: near Hotel & Resorts WAKAYAMA-KUSHIMOTO
RECOMMENDED BIKE: Road Bike
RECOMMENDED BIKE: RECOMMENDED TYRE: 28c or wider
- Cycling is a journey, and always an adventure. Rapha Prestige is an all-day, unsupported, unmarshalled adventure with friends through some of the world's most enchanting "must ride" destinations, a cycling event that began as a tribute to the roots of road riding in the early days of cycling. Form a team of 4-5 people, and everyone will work as a team from start to finish, encouraging each other to finish the race as a team.
- The route for Rapha Prestige Kumano will include Kumano Nachi Grand Shrine which is registered as World Heritage sites, and where you will be greeted by the Nachi Falls, the Shrine's sacred object and the highest waterfall in Japan.The route is also full of other photo opportunities, including Daimonzaka, the most scenic area on the Kumano Kodo, Hashiguiiwa, with its unusual rock pillars standing in the ocean, Kozagawa River, one of the clearest rivers in the prefecture, and Ichimaiwa, the Ayers Rock in Japan.
- Full details of the route and checkpoints will be revealed to confirmed participants only, a week before the ride.
- The Rapha Prestige Kumano starts and finishes at the southern most tip of Honshu, at the tip of the Kii Peninsula. The 155 km long course with a total elevation of 3,000m takes you along ancient roads around the Kumano mountains whilst overlooking the Pacific Ocean nurtured by the blue clear streams and the Kuroshio Current. It will be packed with great challenges and attractions that cannot be expressed in numbers alone.
- “Rapha Prestige Kumano" does not provide support or rations. Teammates should help and work together to reach the finish line via checkpoints. You need to take full responsibility from checking the route to riding as a team with safety as a priority. As a minimum, you must take with you: Two tubes, tools, a pump, a puncture repair kit, and a master link for the chain. Please bring plenty of rations and spare kit as you deem necessary. We will send you GPS data for you to look over the course. Brevet cards will be distributed the day before the race, please make sure that all team members stamp the brevet card at the designated checkpoints along the route to prove their passage.
We cannot accept cancellations and offer refunds on entries once the payment has been made. If you would like to transfer your entry to another team, please contact the event management team
For more details please read this page