Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
You can still call him "Mr. Snob"
In case you missed it, the BikeSnobNYC has come out of protective custody and declared that he is not a snob at all. He's Eben Weiss, a born and bred New Yorker who just happens to be blessed by living in a city that leaves him never short on material.
Turns out that the reputation for New York cyclists as being "very serious" is true, the road racing scene can be a bit more staunch and serious than need be— for example, last month in Central Park with the Rapha Condor Sharp team we had a very "strong" woman on a tri-bike screaming at us as she powered through our pack. I think even Deano was afraid to try and catch on to take her for the imaginary finish line at Tavern on The Green she must have been racing for. Still, as serious as that side of our sport can be, the scenes and characters of NYC have given the Snob fertile land to explore the past couple of years on his blog.
If you like a bit of a chuckle at ourselves and our sport, you'll be happy to know that his new book is not simply a collection of his musings repurposed from the site. Rather, it is a comprehensive look at cycling through his lens of satire and bemusement.
Turns out Eben, aka. Mr. Snob, is a pretty decent rider, racer and dare I say advocate for the sport of cycling. Also turns out he is actually funny and knows how to write a quick-reading book that should make you smile. Not to mention he knows a good jacket when he sees it.
We don't sell it here, but it shouldn't be hard to find at your favorite bookseller, it looks like this.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…