We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Wouter Weylandt: 27.09.1984 – 09.05.2011
Riders Never Die by Willy Verhegghe
Riders never die,
All they do is disappear from sight
once they, with unparalleled style
pass the final finish line
and the speed of life
leaves them behind with stiff muscles.
Because they will always keep racing,
even when heart and wheels stop,
they continue in thousands of heads
pushing on never dying,
their sweat giving a permanent shine
to the tarmac roads.
when the earth finally and with
hesitation covers them,
Their name will for ever
sound as an echo between
Portrait by Kristof Ramon
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX