We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Within Rouleur Seventeen
photos by Dan Sharp
The most recent issue of Rouleur contains two different views from inside the European pro peloton. The first, from Rapha Condor Sharp's own Tom Southam tells the tale of racing on home soil at the Tour of Britain.. And though a broken elbow during the Lincoln GP cemented the fact that Southam would not join his teammates this week at the Tour of Japan, come September he will be ready to tackle the familiar routes once again. Here is to wishing Tom the speediest of recoveries.
An excerpt from Tour of Britain:
I always feel like something is slightly out of place at the Tour of Britain, like someone has photoshopped an image of a bike race on top of a picture of the British countryside. Even though I have ridden the race four times now, I am still a little confused by the feeling of the party being at my house. Even the lengthy transfers take on a slightly surreal feeling: I am on the M4, where I often am, but what is the Katusha bus doing here?
The second piece that appears near the back of issue Seventeen is from Michael Barry and Camille McMillan's recently released Le Metier. Chronicling his life on the road as a Professional Cyclist over the past few years.
McMillan's photos provide an eerie accompaniment to the writing as the majority of them feature Barry in cycling kit, and on the bike, but rarely do we see his face, having the effect of echoing the thoughts of the man on the bicycle.
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq