Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Within Rouleur Seventeen
photos by Dan Sharp
The most recent issue of Rouleur contains two different views from inside the European pro peloton. The first, from Rapha Condor Sharp's own Tom Southam tells the tale of racing on home soil at the Tour of Britain.. And though a broken elbow during the Lincoln GP cemented the fact that Southam would not join his teammates this week at the Tour of Japan, come September he will be ready to tackle the familiar routes once again. Here is to wishing Tom the speediest of recoveries.
An excerpt from Tour of Britain:
I always feel like something is slightly out of place at the Tour of Britain, like someone has photoshopped an image of a bike race on top of a picture of the British countryside. Even though I have ridden the race four times now, I am still a little confused by the feeling of the party being at my house. Even the lengthy transfers take on a slightly surreal feeling: I am on the M4, where I often am, but what is the Katusha bus doing here?
The second piece that appears near the back of issue Seventeen is from Michael Barry and Camille McMillan's recently released Le Metier. Chronicling his life on the road as a Professional Cyclist over the past few years.
McMillan's photos provide an eerie accompaniment to the writing as the majority of them feature Barry in cycling kit, and on the bike, but rarely do we see his face, having the effect of echoing the thoughts of the man on the bicycle.
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG