We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Within Rouleur Seventeen
photos by Dan Sharp
The most recent issue of Rouleur contains two different views from inside the European pro peloton. The first, from Rapha Condor Sharp's own Tom Southam tells the tale of racing on home soil at the Tour of Britain. And though a broken elbow during the Lincoln GP cemented the fact that Southam would not join his teammates this week at the Tour of Japan come September and he will be ready to tackle the familiar routes once again. Here is to wishing Tom the speediest of recoveries.
An excerpt from Tour of Britain:
I always feel like something is slightly out of place at the Tour of Britain, like someone has photoshopped an image of a bike race on top of a picture of the British countryside. Even though I have ridden the race four times now, I am still a little confused by the feeling of the party being at my house. Even the lengthy transfers take on a slightly surreal feeling: I am on the M$, where I often am, but what is the Katusha bus doing here?
The second piece that appears near the back of issue Seventeen is from Michael Barry and Camille McMillan's recently released Le Metrier. Chronicling his life on the road as a Professional Cyclist over the past few years. McMillan's photos provide an eerie accompaniment to the writing as the majority of them feature Barry in cycling kit, and on the bike, but rarely do we see his face, having the effect of echoing the thoughts of the man on the bicycle.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb