We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Weekly Round Up.
This round-up comes to you straight off the weekend.
1) Cycling Blog Greatness. If you don't know who Bill Strickland is, you should. Use his blog Sitting In as a jumping off point, but then quickly move to his book Ten Points. Bill also happens to be an Editor "at Large" for Bicycling Magazine. I've always wondered what that moniker "at Large" meant? Wondered that is until I read his most recent post titled "Fat Chance" (great mid 90's Mtb reference.)
2) Where the Wild Things Are. I can dip out of the cycling culture for a second right? This could be the most anticipated film of the year. Well, not only is the trailer great, but the blog that the studio created to support the film is great too. We Love You So. And who doesn't want to see Spike Jonze off camera doing weird stuff?
3) A Continuous Lean. Take a look through some of the entries here. If you're a Gentleman looking for a Gentleman's take on style look no further. I'm particularly interested in this take on Levi's Vintage Collection. There is also a section on the site titled The American List. Browse around here, ACL has amassed a growing collection of "Made in America" style products, and there's even a section on bicycles.
4) Cyclocross Glory. In an effort to keep the Cyclocross on the up and up in the few remaining weeks before the season is in full swing I thought a mention of Race.cx seemed fitting. This is where I first saw the full force of Richard Groenendeal. Not only did he punch a fan in the face, but he shoved local Portland native Steven Hunter out of the way last year. Check back often as the Portland race season gets underway for great insight and interviews.
Their chat with Zac Daab, one of the founding members of the new MFG Cyclocross Series in Seattle, is an insightful look at the upcoming season.
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX