We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Watching Giro d'Italia with Weary Eyes
Everynight, at the Rapha Cycle Club Tokyo, Giro d'Italia coverage on J-Sports Broadcasting starts at 9:45PM. Most stages finish around 12:30 to 1:00AM.
Well past the last train home.
Still every night we have a few fans during the week, and on weekends, we host 20 to 30, sometimes more. Stage14, being Saturday, we anticipated a few fans to join us for the live viewing of the Giro d'Italia. Plenty of Rapha labeled wine went out the bar, as with Birra Moretti.
11:30PM, a gentleman in business suits starts to get uneasy and checks his watch every minute. Maybe 10 minute walk to the closest subway station, okay, 5 minutes if ran…3 minutes if mad-dashed?? Hits his absolute latest timing to catch the last train and bolts out the door!
He comes back next day to watch the missed climax of the last night's stage replay.
And of course he comes back again on Sunday night to watch what ended up being a true historic stage through fantasy movie computer graphic like land scape of deepest parts of Dolomites. This time he drove his car over and was able to watch Stefano Garzelli's face of "true" human being on limit. Our fists, even toes clinched as we all could almost feel his suffering. Thinking this maybe his last chance ever of winning a stage at the Giro d'Italia, maybe retiring with glory in his mind? His devastation is unimaginable to us normal being when Mikel Nieve dances away…
He then somehow regains composure to finish strong just in front of … what seemed to be the only rider in the whole 166 riders who tirelessly breathed through his nose across the line.
The Rapha Cycle Club Tokyo is open now.
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0