We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Watching Giro d'Italia with Weary Eyes
Everynight, at the Rapha Cycle Club Tokyo, Giro d'Italia coverage on J-Sports Broadcasting starts at 9:45PM. Most stages finish around 12:30 to 1:00AM.
Well past the last train home.
Still every night we have a few fans during the week, and on weekends, we host 20 to 30, sometimes more. Stage14, being Saturday, we anticipated a few fans to join us for the live viewing of the Giro d'Italia. Plenty of Rapha labeled wine went out the bar, as with Birra Moretti.
11:30PM, a gentleman in business suits starts to get uneasy and checks his watch every minute. Maybe 10 minute walk to the closest subway station, okay, 5 minutes if ran…3 minutes if mad-dashed?? Hits his absolute latest timing to catch the last train and bolts out the door!
He comes back next day to watch the missed climax of the last night's stage replay.
And of course he comes back again on Sunday night to watch what ended up being a true historic stage through fantasy movie computer graphic like land scape of deepest parts of Dolomites. This time he drove his car over and was able to watch Stefano Garzelli's face of "true" human being on limit. Our fists, even toes clinched as we all could almost feel his suffering. Thinking this maybe his last chance ever of winning a stage at the Giro d'Italia, maybe retiring with glory in his mind? His devastation is unimaginable to us normal being when Mikel Nieve dances away…
He then somehow regains composure to finish strong just in front of … what seemed to be the only rider in the whole 166 riders who tirelessly breathed through his nose across the line.
The Rapha Cycle Club Tokyo is open now.
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G