Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Watching Giro d'Italia with Weary Eyes
Everynight, at the Rapha Cycle Club Tokyo, Giro d'Italia coverage on J-Sports Broadcasting starts at 9:45PM. Most stages finish around 12:30 to 1:00AM.
Well past the last train home.
Still every night we have a few fans during the week, and on weekends, we host 20 to 30, sometimes more. Stage14, being Saturday, we anticipated a few fans to join us for the live viewing of the Giro d'Italia. Plenty of Rapha labeled wine went out the bar, as with Birra Moretti.
11:30PM, a gentleman in business suits starts to get uneasy and checks his watch every minute. Maybe 10 minute walk to the closest subway station, okay, 5 minutes if ran…3 minutes if mad-dashed?? Hits his absolute latest timing to catch the last train and bolts out the door!
He comes back next day to watch the missed climax of the last night's stage replay.
And of course he comes back again on Sunday night to watch what ended up being a true historic stage through fantasy movie computer graphic like land scape of deepest parts of Dolomites. This time he drove his car over and was able to watch Stefano Garzelli's face of "true" human being on limit. Our fists, even toes clinched as we all could almost feel his suffering. Thinking this maybe his last chance ever of winning a stage at the Giro d'Italia, maybe retiring with glory in his mind? His devastation is unimaginable to us normal being when Mikel Nieve dances away…
He then somehow regains composure to finish strong just in front of … what seemed to be the only rider in the whole 166 riders who tirelessly breathed through his nose across the line.
The Rapha Cycle Club Tokyo is open now.
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX
- Churchill → http://t.co/5yhkiupJAH #raphasurvey #wayfaring #cycling