We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Watching Giro d'Italia with Weary Eyes
Everynight, at the Rapha Cycle Club Tokyo, Giro d'Italia coverage on J-Sports Broadcasting starts at 9:45PM. Most stages finish around 12:30 to 1:00AM.
Well past the last train home.
Still every night we have a few fans during the week, and on weekends, we host 20 to 30, sometimes more. Stage14, being Saturday, we anticipated a few fans to join us for the live viewing of the Giro d'Italia. Plenty of Rapha labeled wine went out the bar, as with Birra Moretti.
11:30PM, a gentleman in business suits starts to get uneasy and checks his watch every minute. Maybe 10 minute walk to the closest subway station, okay, 5 minutes if ran…3 minutes if mad-dashed?? Hits his absolute latest timing to catch the last train and bolts out the door!
He comes back next day to watch the missed climax of the last night's stage replay.
And of course he comes back again on Sunday night to watch what ended up being a true historic stage through fantasy movie computer graphic like land scape of deepest parts of Dolomites. This time he drove his car over and was able to watch Stefano Garzelli's face of "true" human being on limit. Our fists, even toes clinched as we all could almost feel his suffering. Thinking this maybe his last chance ever of winning a stage at the Giro d'Italia, maybe retiring with glory in his mind? His devastation is unimaginable to us normal being when Mikel Nieve dances away…
He then somehow regains composure to finish strong just in front of … what seemed to be the only rider in the whole 166 riders who tirelessly breathed through his nose across the line.
The Rapha Cycle Club Tokyo is open now.
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX