We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
V&A Friday Late: eat, ride, sleep, repeat
The Victoria and Albert Museum are curating an evening celebrating the diverse design culture inspired by the bicycle. Ruth Lie, Friday Late Programme Coordinator, told us a little bit about the event:
“I'd always wanted to do something about bicycles, and the way in which they've influenced the design world, especially in the aftermath of the Olympics and with it taking off as a more acceptable mainstream culture. I had also got a little obsessed with bikes over the last few years, researching into the geometry of bikes, brands, shops and framebuilders.
“So it was very exciting to be able to put this idea forward and for it to go full steam ahead. The evening will basically explore the diverse design culture that surrounds and is inspired by the bicycle - everything from graphic design, to film, fashion, photography and performance.”
The evening will also feature portraits by Rapha Survey photographer for London, George Marshall:
“Originally I'd wanted George to come in and take portraits of visitors as they came to the museum. But after chatting for a while, we came up with this quick project which has really helped to relate the event to the museum context as a whole. I loved the idea of photographing museum staff in locations that had a certain meaning to them or that resonated with their style and the type of bicycle they have. The contrast of old and new, the collections vs. bicycles, really makes for a beautiful photo.”
• Friday 29 March 18.30–22.00
• The Victoria and Albert Museum (entrance via Cromwell Road)
• Admission free
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.