Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
V&A Friday Late: eat, ride, sleep, repeat
The Victoria and Albert Museum are curating an evening celebrating the diverse design culture inspired by the bicycle. Ruth Lie, Friday Late Programme Coordinator, told us a little bit about the event:
“I'd always wanted to do something about bicycles, and the way in which they've influenced the design world, especially in the aftermath of the Olympics and with it taking off as a more acceptable mainstream culture. I had also got a little obsessed with bikes over the last few years, researching into the geometry of bikes, brands, shops and framebuilders.
“So it was very exciting to be able to put this idea forward and for it to go full steam ahead. The evening will basically explore the diverse design culture that surrounds and is inspired by the bicycle - everything from graphic design, to film, fashion, photography and performance.”
The evening will also feature portraits by Rapha Survey photographer for London, George Marshall:
“Originally I'd wanted George to come in and take portraits of visitors as they came to the museum. But after chatting for a while, we came up with this quick project which has really helped to relate the event to the museum context as a whole. I loved the idea of photographing museum staff in locations that had a certain meaning to them or that resonated with their style and the type of bicycle they have. The contrast of old and new, the collections vs. bicycles, really makes for a beautiful photo.”
• Friday 29 March 18.30–22.00
• The Victoria and Albert Museum (entrance via Cromwell Road)
• Admission free
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/TfWWoTG1ge
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma