Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
V&A Friday Late: eat, ride, sleep, repeat
The Victoria and Albert Museum are curating an evening celebrating the diverse design culture inspired by the bicycle. Ruth Lie, Friday Late Programme Coordinator, told us a little bit about the event:
“I'd always wanted to do something about bicycles, and the way in which they've influenced the design world, especially in the aftermath of the Olympics and with it taking off as a more acceptable mainstream culture. I had also got a little obsessed with bikes over the last few years, researching into the geometry of bikes, brands, shops and framebuilders.
“So it was very exciting to be able to put this idea forward and for it to go full steam ahead. The evening will basically explore the diverse design culture that surrounds and is inspired by the bicycle - everything from graphic design, to film, fashion, photography and performance.”
The evening will also feature portraits by Rapha Survey photographer for London, George Marshall:
“Originally I'd wanted George to come in and take portraits of visitors as they came to the museum. But after chatting for a while, we came up with this quick project which has really helped to relate the event to the museum context as a whole. I loved the idea of photographing museum staff in locations that had a certain meaning to them or that resonated with their style and the type of bicycle they have. The contrast of old and new, the collections vs. bicycles, really makes for a beautiful photo.”
• Friday 29 March 18.30–22.00
• The Victoria and Albert Museum (entrance via Cromwell Road)
• Admission free
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq