[ locale string ]
Vainqueur de l'Étape
Stage 17, Les Menuires - Alpe d'Huez, 1979
The Portugese puncheur completed the Tour de France 12 times and was one of the most feared racers of his era. In 1979, riding for the French Flandria team, he won the first of two stages (Joop Zoetemelk won the other) to finish atop Alpe d'Huez, one of the Tour's most notorious Hors Categorie climbs.
PIERRE LE BIGAUT
Stage 14, Aurillac - Issoire, 1983
The fresh-faced 24 year-old from Brittany made the 149km stage his by soloing from the breakaway group on the approach to Issoire. The Guémenois Bigaut was a domestique in the Coop-Mercier team, which contained Joop Zoetemelk.
These riders were the inspiration for two Etape du Tour jerseys created by Rapha for this year's Act I and II. Coming soon.
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0