We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vainqueur de l'Étape
Stage 17, Les Menuires - Alpe d'Huez, 1979
The Portugese puncheur completed the Tour de France 12 times and was one of the most feared racers of his era. In 1979, riding for the French Flandria team, he won the first of two stages (Joop Zoetemelk won the other) to finish atop Alpe d'Huez, one of the Tour's most notorious Hors Categorie climbs.
PIERRE LE BIGAUT
Stage 14, Aurillac - Issoire, 1983
The fresh-faced 24 year-old from Brittany made the 149km stage his by soloing from the breakaway group on the approach to Issoire. The Guémenois Bigaut was a domestique in the Coop-Mercier team, which contained Joop Zoetemelk.
These riders were the inspiration for two Etape du Tour jerseys created by Rapha for this year's Act I and II. Coming soon.
- RT @mike_cuming: good luck to the fellas @Porterelliott @willstephenson and @edlaverack in the U23 TT today...
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...