We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
USA Pro Cycling Challenge 2012
Photographs by Jake Stangel
There were fireworks in Durango, Colorado last night. The forest fires and subsequent ban on fire and fireworks earlier this summer prevented the town from enjoying their 4th of July in this most traditional manner. However, there was enough cause for celebration this evening as the USA Pro Cycling Challenge gets ready to head out of this beautiful city early tomorrow.
When they start at 10am from the centre of Durango the racers will face a week's worth of some of the best (and hardest) racing that the USA has to offer. In an effort to help celebrate this race, region and the awesome expanse of nature, we pulled together a small newspaper celebrating our connection to Colorado. There is a recollection of our riding from the Rapha Continental, some fantastic photography from our adventures shot by Jake Stangel, a nod to our Cyclocross compatriot Chris Jones and a brief look at Boulder, the hub of cycling in CO. Plus, there is a special centrepiece that will be just the thing at the KOM segments of the race.
If you are wondering where to get one of these papers, look no further than the Rapha Mobile Cycle Club or hit us up on twitter at @Rapha_N_America to find out where we will be stationed each day. See below for detailed schedule and good luck to everyone racing, watching from home or supporting from the side of the road in Colorado.
Where to get one?
They will be available at the Rapha Mobile Cycle Club starting tomorrow morning. Stop by and say hello, have a shot of La Colombe coffee and pick up your copy of this newsprint.
Tentative Schedule of the Rapha Mobile Cycle Club:
August 20th - 10am - Start of Stage One - Durango. CO
August 21st - Approx 3:50pm - Uphill Finish - Crested Butte, CO
August 22nd - Approx 2:30pm - Summit - KOM Independence Pass - Aspen, CO
August 23rd - Approx 1:45pm - As riders pass through Leadville, CO
August 24th - NOT ATTENDING
August 25th - 12 Noon race enters town - Party at University Bicycles, Boulder, CO
August 26th - 1pm - TT in Downtown Denver, Colorado
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX