We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
U.S. Cyclocross National Championships
A few weeks ago we here at the Rapha North America put on a little Cross ride with Cannondale/Cyclocrossworld racer Tim Johnson. It was a short Friday morning ride around Forest Park which would be his warmup for that weekend's USGP races in Portland. It was also a great opener for this weekend and the US Cyclocross Nationals in nearby Bend, Oregon.
It was great to see what Bend had put together during the weekend. The whole town came out to support and final numbers put the spectator count up around 5,000 people.
The other exciting part about it was that our new National Champion is that very same Tim Johnson. He was all business as he took to the start line this past Sunday afternoon. The setting sun would make conditions difficult for more than one rider that day, causing the ground to freeze and lines to disappear as they raced from one section of the course to the next.
But, just so you know, Tim isn't the only one on the Cannondale/Cyclocrossworld team. I caught Jeremy Powers and Jamey Driscoll as they prepped to test out the course this past weekend. Together with Tim these three have been quite literally dominating the North American scene this season. And it looks like his campaign will continue in Europe over the course of the next few weeks.
Then, just when you thought Cross was over we will look to the World Championship race in Tabor, Czech Republic where the Cannondale Gentlemen will look to hash it out with the best of the rest. My guess is that this crew will be ready after their experiences this past weekend in the frozen tundra that was Bend.
So, a big congratulations to Tim Johnson, our current Cyclocross National Champion, from all of us at Rapha and good luck to these guys as they head to Europe.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!