We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
U.S. Cyclocross National Championships
A few weeks ago we here at the Rapha North America put on a little Cross ride with Cannondale/Cyclocrossworld racer Tim Johnson. It was a short Friday morning ride around Forest Park which would be his warmup for that weekend's USGP races in Portland. It was also a great opener for this weekend and the US Cyclocross Nationals in nearby Bend, Oregon.
It was great to see what Bend had put together during the weekend. The whole town came out to support and final numbers put the spectator count up around 5,000 people.
The other exciting part about it was that our new National Champion is that very same Tim Johnson. He was all business as he took to the start line this past Sunday afternoon. The setting sun would make conditions difficult for more than one rider that day, causing the ground to freeze and lines to disappear as they raced from one section of the course to the next.
But, just so you know, Tim isn't the only one on the Cannondale/Cyclocrossworld team. I caught Jeremy Powers and Jamey Driscoll as they prepped to test out the course this past weekend. Together with Tim these three have been quite literally dominating the North American scene this season. And it looks like his campaign will continue in Europe over the course of the next few weeks.
Then, just when you thought Cross was over we will look to the World Championship race in Tabor, Czech Republic where the Cannondale Gentlemen will look to hash it out with the best of the rest. My guess is that this crew will be ready after their experiences this past weekend in the frozen tundra that was Bend.
So, a big congratulations to Tim Johnson, our current Cyclocross National Champion, from all of us at Rapha and good luck to these guys as they head to Europe.
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX