We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
UK SUPER CROSS 2013 - ROUND THREE
Photos by Jonathan Hines
Hope Factory Racing, led by Paul Oldham and Annie Simpson, secured a hat-trick of wins in the Rapha Super Cross series at Alexandra Palace in front of a loud capital city crowd. The steep slopes of Ally Pally once again nearly proved the dominant team’s undoing, as they slipped to third on the day, but wins secured at Broughton Hall and Manchester ensured a third straight victory in the series, beating Hargroves Cycles by just one point.
The young guns of Rapha-GB, led home by Ben Sumner, produced a storming ride in the bright and blustery conditions to take the team prize on the day and lift them to third overall. Another young team, Raleigh, secured the ‘Rouleur Team of the Day’ award for their classy riding throughout the series, ending a very respectable fifth overall.
Both men’s and women’s races ran true to form, Oldham shaking off the persistent Jody Crawforth to finish alone, and Simpson leading from the gun and dominating the field.
Around 500 riders faced the mysterious ‘Spiral of Doom’ and emerged unscathed, while the final race of the day, featuring the tequila shortcut and wall of foam, brought another fine series to a close.
ROULEUR TEAM OF THE DAY AWARD – Raleigh
ALEXANDRA PALACE TEAMS
2. Hargroves Cycles
3. Hope Factory Racing
FINAL TEAM STANDINGS
1. Hope 28pts
2. Hargroves 27pts
3. Rapha-GB 21pts
4. Rouleur 20pts
5. Raleigh 19pts
6. Felt 15pts
7. MG-Maxifuel 13pts
8. Yorkshire 12pts
9. Charge 7pts
For full results from round 3 click here Results »
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.