We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Two Broad Arrows
The second of our trio of films made in conjunction with RSA takes inspiration from Irish racing legend Sean Kelly. Two Broad Arrows, a coming of age story, was written and directed by Adrian Moat who discusses his film below.
The idea was to make a short film that reflected the spirit and drive of Sean Kelly by relating him to the real world, not just the world of cycling. I wanted to capture a sense of possibility by using him as an example of a man that knows how to suffer, and to identify his spirit with the potential of youth.
So Two Broad Arrows is a coming of age story about a boy who is on the turn of manhood while being strangled by family tension. Through rage the boy discovers a bicycle and then finds himself in a position where he must try harder than he has ever tried before.
Although shot in Northumberland, and in Geordie tongue, the context of a rural farm and rolling green hills has strong echoes of Kelly’s early days in Ireland. Kelly was out of school and working as a bricklayer by the age of 16 before he picked up a bicycle and began winning local races. So I wanted the former scenes to establish working class frankness, earthy and real. For the predicament to relate to many kids out there who find it difficult to know what to do with themselves at this daunting and exciting age.
Two Broad Arrows is about confidence, discovery and learning how to try.
Two Broad Arrows will be screened at www.rapha.cc between Friday 20th and Saturday 21st August 2010.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb