Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Two Broad Arrows
The second of our trio of films made in conjunction with RSA takes inspiration from Irish racing legend Sean Kelly. Two Broad Arrows, a coming of age story, was written and directed by Adrian Moat who discusses his film below.
The idea was to make a short film that reflected the spirit and drive of Sean Kelly by relating him to the real world, not just the world of cycling. I wanted to capture a sense of possibility by using him as an example of a man that knows how to suffer, and to identify his spirit with the potential of youth.
So Two Broad Arrows is a coming of age story about a boy who is on the turn of manhood while being strangled by family tension. Through rage the boy discovers a bicycle and then finds himself in a position where he must try harder than he has ever tried before.
Although shot in Northumberland, and in Geordie tongue, the context of a rural farm and rolling green hills has strong echoes of Kelly’s early days in Ireland. Kelly was out of school and working as a bricklayer by the age of 16 before he picked up a bicycle and began winning local races. So I wanted the former scenes to establish working class frankness, earthy and real. For the predicament to relate to many kids out there who find it difficult to know what to do with themselves at this daunting and exciting age.
Two Broad Arrows is about confidence, discovery and learning how to try.
Two Broad Arrows will be screened at www.rapha.cc between Friday 20th and Saturday 21st August 2010.
- Team about to start the @anpostras probably the Worlds friendliest race.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB