Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Two Broad Arrows
The second of our trio of films made in conjunction with RSA takes inspiration from Irish racing legend Sean Kelly. Two Broad Arrows, a coming of age story, was written and directed by Adrian Moat who discusses his film below.
The idea was to make a short film that reflected the spirit and drive of Sean Kelly by relating him to the real world, not just the world of cycling. I wanted to capture a sense of possibility by using him as an example of a man that knows how to suffer, and to identify his spirit with the potential of youth.
So Two Broad Arrows is a coming of age story about a boy who is on the turn of manhood while being strangled by family tension. Through rage the boy discovers a bicycle and then finds himself in a position where he must try harder than he has ever tried before.
Although shot in Northumberland, and in Geordie tongue, the context of a rural farm and rolling green hills has strong echoes of Kelly’s early days in Ireland. Kelly was out of school and working as a bricklayer by the age of 16 before he picked up a bicycle and began winning local races. So I wanted the former scenes to establish working class frankness, earthy and real. For the predicament to relate to many kids out there who find it difficult to know what to do with themselves at this daunting and exciting age.
Two Broad Arrows is about confidence, discovery and learning how to try.
Two Broad Arrows will be screened at www.rapha.cc between Friday 20th and Saturday 21st August 2010.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…