Questa pagina non è ancora stata tradotta nella lingua che hai scelto.
[ locale string ]
[ locale string ]
Tour de France 2010
From the cobbles of Belgium to the loftiest peaks of the Pyrenees, this year’s Tour de France looks to be as gruelling and intriguing as ever. With expectations of Team Sky and Bradley Wiggins high, Armstrong approaching his final ever Tour, the Schleck bros preparing to fly in the mountains and Contador already polishing his podium shoes, we can expect a mouth-watering three weeks of racing.
The stage selection this year involves a lot of climbing and undoubtedly the riders to watch will be the strong grimpeurs. However, the early stages may prove decisive with the possibility of a windy stage 1, seven-cobbled sectors on stage 3 and a couple of sprinter’s stages. Riders such as Contador, Evans, Armstrong and the Schlecks need to have ridden intelligently by the time the peloton enters the mountains. Cancellara, Vinokourov, Hushovd and Pettachi may be ones to watch over the first six days.
The mountain stages will certainly provide some high drama. On stage 9 the race will travel up the Col de la Madeleine, some 25km long. A week later there will be tribute to the centenary of the Tourmalet’s presence at the TdF with a moutain-top finish there on stage 17, an undoubtedly crucial étape.
Via our dedicated TdF blog section we’ll bring you reaction to the racing as well as looking back on previous editions of Le Tour, courtesy of insights from Rouleur. Our Twitter feed is also bringing expanded tweets from various Tour protagonists such as Wiggins, Armstrong, Cadel Evans and Contador.
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP