[ locale string ]
Tour de France 2010
From the cobbles of Belgium to the loftiest peaks of the Pyrenees, this year’s Tour de France looks to be as gruelling and intriguing as ever. With expectations of Team Sky and Bradley Wiggins high, Armstrong approaching his final ever Tour, the Schleck bros preparing to fly in the mountains and Contador already polishing his podium shoes, we can expect a mouth-watering three weeks of racing.
The stage selection this year involves a lot of climbing and undoubtedly the riders to watch will be the strong grimpeurs. However, the early stages may prove decisive with the possibility of a windy stage 1, seven-cobbled sectors on stage 3 and a couple of sprinter’s stages. Riders such as Contador, Evans, Armstrong and the Schlecks need to have ridden intelligently by the time the peloton enters the mountains. Cancellara, Vinokourov, Hushovd and Pettachi may be ones to watch over the first six days.
The mountain stages will certainly provide some high drama. On stage 9 the race will travel up the Col de la Madeleine, some 25km long. A week later there will be tribute to the centenary of the Tourmalet’s presence at the TdF with a moutain-top finish there on stage 17, an undoubtedly crucial étape.
Via our dedicated TdF blog section we’ll bring you reaction to the racing as well as looking back on previous editions of Le Tour, courtesy of insights from Rouleur. Our Twitter feed is also bringing expanded tweets from various Tour protagonists such as Wiggins, Armstrong, Cadel Evans and Contador.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!