[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Time for Touring
© Jobst Brandt
After a week where volcanic ash prevented thousands of people from flying to locations in and out of Europe, it's time to rethink the art of travel. Supposing we didn't have the convenience of commercial flight and instead depended on more grounded means of transportation, how should we approach it? Two words: Cycle Touring. It seems that we have grown far too dependent on air travel and spend all weekend in the departure lounge.
Of course, Rapha has its own brand of cycle-touring planned this summer in the form of the Rapha Randonnées where riders will undoubtedly have to make use of air travel. But I predict 2010 is the year to dust off the panniers and bedrolls and set off to the Alps, Dolomites or Rockies and create your own brevet without even a sniff of an airport . Rapha even have guides to help you plan such journeys.
© Pete Drinkell
Yes, cycle touring may remind you of wrinkly old buzzards in anoraks, but it doesn't have to be that way. So don your Touring Shorts, grab your Michelin Maps and get touring.
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries