We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Three Days in LA
Three perfect days in Los Angeles could go something like this. First, the sunshine would have to be out and dripping its glorious rays all over the town. Then, each event goes off without a hitch. Throw in a few pleasant surprises and more than enough great people to round out the days there and not much can go wrong.
On Thursday upon arrival the sunshine taunted us out onto the bike. With just a few short hours to go before the screening event of the three films that we put together with RSA Films a quick jaunt was in order. Then, under a cloudless sky, the films were screened, s'mores* were eaten and awareness made for the Fireflies Tour 2011.
*S'mores are a popular campfire treat in North America consisting of roasted marshamallow and chocolate, sandwiched between crackers.
The next day was a bit more of a clandestine adventure. When the Metropolis -like maw of Oakley's US headquarters swallowed us whole there was no turning back. Luckily for us we ran into Coryn and Nicola from the best Women's racing team in the US — Peanut Butter and Co.'s 2012 Racing Team. They seemed to make it out alright, so we figured that it would be safe behind the fortified walls.
Saturday was the only day that was producing questions in people's minds. Would the weather hold? How would SoCal's residents handle a little wet weather? We, as residents of Portland, Oregon are very much used to the rain, but as the days approached, the same question kept coming in. "Would the ride still happen?" We stuck to our guns with a "Rain or Shine" approach and things could not have been better.
The Gentlemen's Ride out of Bike Effect in Santa Monica was magnificent. Sunshine, sparkling views of the Pacific Ocean and the chance to work on the climbing legs in February. Not a bad way to round out a few great days in California.
Thanks to everyone who came out on Thursday and the ride on Saturday. Without the great people that attend these events and help us spread the word —that riding bicycles is fun —we would be nothing. So, if you find yourself in the Los Angeles area and are in need of anything Rapha (or a nice little shot of espresso) do stop by and visit with the fine folks at Bike Effect.
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP