We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Three Days in LA
Three perfect days in Los Angeles could go something like this. First, the sunshine would have to be out and dripping its glorious rays all over the town. Then, each event goes off without a hitch. Throw in a few pleasant surprises and more than enough great people to round out the days there and not much can go wrong.
On Thursday upon arrival the sunshine taunted us out onto the bike. With just a few short hours to go before the screening event of the three films that we put together with RSA Films a quick jaunt was in order. Then, under a cloudless sky, the films were screened, s'mores* were eaten and awareness made for the Fireflies Tour 2011.
*S'mores are a popular campfire treat in North America consisting of roasted marshamallow and chocolate, sandwiched between crackers.
The next day was a bit more of a clandestine adventure. When the Metropolis -like maw of Oakley's US headquarters swallowed us whole there was no turning back. Luckily for us we ran into Coryn and Nicola from the best Women's racing team in the US — Peanut Butter and Co.'s 2012 Racing Team. They seemed to make it out alright, so we figured that it would be safe behind the fortified walls.
Saturday was the only day that was producing questions in people's minds. Would the weather hold? How would SoCal's residents handle a little wet weather? We, as residents of Portland, Oregon are very much used to the rain, but as the days approached, the same question kept coming in. "Would the ride still happen?" We stuck to our guns with a "Rain or Shine" approach and things could not have been better.
The Gentlemen's Ride out of Bike Effect in Santa Monica was magnificent. Sunshine, sparkling views of the Pacific Ocean and the chance to work on the climbing legs in February. Not a bad way to round out a few great days in California.
Thanks to everyone who came out on Thursday and the ride on Saturday. Without the great people that attend these events and help us spread the word —that riding bicycles is fun —we would be nothing. So, if you find yourself in the Los Angeles area and are in need of anything Rapha (or a nice little shot of espresso) do stop by and visit with the fine folks at Bike Effect.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb