We are showing you the UK version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Turkey Takeoff
Thanksgiving in the USA traditionally marks the end of the harvest season and a celebration of the safe passage of the Pilgrim Fathers to the New World. While those in the UK and Europe don’t necessarily honour the occasion (although Thanksgiving is celebrated in Liberia, a nation founded by liberated US slaves) the things we all get more liberal with this time of year are the portions of poultry, easing off on the riding and slouching down in front of the TV.
Which is why Rapha and Strava are challenging you to ride as much as you can this holiday and take off that turkey. Burn 9000 calories between Wednesday the 23rd and Sunday 27th November and riders who complete the task will receive a Rapha Turkey Takeoff badge.
So even if you’re not residing in North America this Thanksgiving, take on Rapha and Strava’s Turkey Takeoff and give those winter calories the bird.
See more info here » www.rapha.cc/turkey-takeoff
Register at Strava:
Registration begins at Strava tomorrow, 17th November 2pm PST/10pm GMT.
At this page: www.strava.com/rapha/turkey (not yet live).
Get your Turkey Takeoff badge:
To receive the official Turkey Takeoff badge, please create a rapha account and email your home address to turkey (at) rapha.cc along with any written, photographed or digital documentation. We will blog the best submissions.
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq