Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
The Turkey Takeoff
Thanksgiving in the USA traditionally marks the end of the harvest season and a celebration of the safe passage of the Pilgrim Fathers to the New World. While those in the UK and Europe don’t necessarily honour the occasion (although Thanksgiving is celebrated in Liberia, a nation founded by liberated US slaves) the things we all get more liberal with this time of year are the portions of poultry, easing off on the riding and slouching down in front of the TV.
Which is why Rapha and Strava are challenging you to ride as much as you can this holiday and take off that turkey. Burn 9000 calories between Wednesday the 23rd and Sunday 27th November and riders who complete the task will receive a Rapha Turkey Takeoff badge.
So even if you’re not residing in North America this Thanksgiving, take on Rapha and Strava’s Turkey Takeoff and give those winter calories the bird.
See more info here » www.rapha.cc/turkey-takeoff
Register at Strava:
Registration begins at Strava tomorrow, 17th November 2pm PST/10pm GMT.
At this page: www.strava.com/rapha/turkey (not yet live).
Get your Turkey Takeoff badge:
To receive the official Turkey Takeoff badge, please create a rapha account and email your home address to turkey (at) rapha.cc along with any written, photographed or digital documentation. We will blog the best submissions.
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP
- RT @racefietsblog: Leuk, de Alpe d' Quiz van @RaphaRacing is begonnen! 3 weken elke dag een andere prijs http://t.co/QiWhfY8hXy @rapha_euro…
- The @rapharacing #festive500 is back. Once again we challenge riders worldwide to clock 500km between 24-31 Dec. → http://t.co/HmgDlUJTiI