We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Turkey Takeoff
Thanksgiving in the USA traditionally marks the end of the harvest season and a celebration of the safe passage of the Pilgrim Fathers to the New World. While those in the UK and Europe don’t necessarily honour the occasion (although Thanksgiving is celebrated in Liberia, a nation founded by liberated US slaves) the things we all get more liberal with this time of year are the portions of poultry, easing off on the riding and slouching down in front of the TV.
Which is why Rapha and Strava are challenging you to ride as much as you can this holiday and take off that turkey. Burn 9000 calories between Wednesday the 23rd and Sunday 27th November and riders who complete the task will receive a Rapha Turkey Takeoff badge.
So even if you’re not residing in North America this Thanksgiving, take on Rapha and Strava’s Turkey Takeoff and give those winter calories the bird.
See more info here » www.rapha.cc/turkey-takeoff
Register at Strava:
Registration begins at Strava tomorrow, 17th November 2pm PST/10pm GMT.
At this page: www.strava.com/rapha/turkey (not yet live).
Get your Turkey Takeoff badge:
To receive the official Turkey Takeoff badge, please create a rapha account and email your home address to turkey (at) rapha.cc along with any written, photographed or digital documentation. We will blog the best submissions.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!