We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Tour d'Angleterre
The 2011 Tour of Britain started in atrocious conditions last Sunday. The weather has improved and at the same time Rapha Condor Sharp have made a marked impression on the race: On Wednesday's Welsh excursion, Kristian House was involved in a 150km break and was awarded the combativity prize.
The next day's stage witnessed almost 3000 people up on Dartmoor cheering on local man and Rapha Condor Sharp rider Jon Tiernan-Locke. Knowing the region's roads well, Jon took full advantage and rode alone over the three climbs of Haytor Rocks (where the Mobile Cycle Club was perched), Coffin Stone and Huccaby Tor to emphatically claim the King of the Mountains jersey and another combativity award for the men in black. A great day for the team and a healthy scene of support up on Dartmoor. Jon remains top of the Mountains classification today after another hilly stage in the West Country and sits in eighth on GC.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!