We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Tour d'Angleterre
The 2011 Tour of Britain started in atrocious conditions last Sunday. The weather has improved and at the same time Rapha Condor Sharp have made a marked impression on the race: On Wednesday's Welsh excursion, Kristian House was involved in a 150km break and was awarded the combativity prize.
The next day's stage witnessed almost 3000 people up on Dartmoor cheering on local man and Rapha Condor Sharp rider Jon Tiernan-Locke. Knowing the region's roads well, Jon took full advantage and rode alone over the three climbs of Haytor Rocks (where the Mobile Cycle Club was perched), Coffin Stone and Huccaby Tor to emphatically claim the King of the Mountains jersey and another combativity award for the men in black. A great day for the team and a healthy scene of support up on Dartmoor. Jon remains top of the Mountains classification today after another hilly stage in the West Country and sits in eighth on GC.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…