Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
The Thin Blue Line
I was fortunate to be a guest at the launch of Team Sky this morning in London. Unusually, for a pro cycling event, the launch started with a bike ride.
It was minus 2 degrees celsius when we met under the Millenium Wheel on the Thames. But the sun was shining and the sky was an appropriately corporate blue. Groups of us rode from several start points through central London with (or, rather, behind) the pros, before meeting on the Mall for a few laps of St. James Park. A nice way to start the year, although it was strange to be one of two hundred 'rats' following the pied piper, Mr. Wiggins and his new team-mates…
The impressive launch proper was held at Millbank Tower. At the heart of the ethos of this new British team is the idea of 'the thin blue line'. It's the difference between being good and being great, between winning and losing. It's a great expression of Dave Brailsford's belief in the power of aggregating marginal gains (something he brings from his success with British track cycling).
The electric blue line features prominently on the kit, bikes, bus, cars and pretty much everything to do with the team. We're going to get very used to seeing it and the riders will no doubt get used to walking it, and riding it. I suppose that's precisely what Dave has in mind.
If this exciting launch today is anything to go by, Team Sky have a great chance of crossing the thin blue line from good to great this year.
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0
- The hills above. #raphasurvey http://t.co/jlIkXowxyT
- U23 winner in 2012 what's in store for @RichHandley90 in the @anpostras http://t.co/xyZWX3NbtG