Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
The Thin Blue Line
I was fortunate to be a guest at the launch of Team Sky this morning in London. Unusually, for a pro cycling event, the launch started with a bike ride.
It was minus 2 degrees celsius when we met under the Millenium Wheel on the Thames. But the sun was shining and the sky was an appropriately corporate blue. Groups of us rode from several start points through central London with (or, rather, behind) the pros, before meeting on the Mall for a few laps of St. James Park. A nice way to start the year, although it was strange to be one of two hundred 'rats' following the pied piper, Mr. Wiggins and his new team-mates…
The impressive launch proper was held at Millbank Tower. At the heart of the ethos of this new British team is the idea of 'the thin blue line'. It's the difference between being good and being great, between winning and losing. It's a great expression of Dave Brailsford's belief in the power of aggregating marginal gains (something he brings from his success with British track cycling).
The electric blue line features prominently on the kit, bikes, bus, cars and pretty much everything to do with the team. We're going to get very used to seeing it and the riders will no doubt get used to walking it, and riding it. I suppose that's precisely what Dave has in mind.
If this exciting launch today is anything to go by, Team Sky have a great chance of crossing the thin blue line from good to great this year.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC