Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
The Thin Blue Line
I was fortunate to be a guest at the launch of Team Sky this morning in London. Unusually, for a pro cycling event, the launch started with a bike ride.
It was minus 2 degrees celsius when we met under the Millenium Wheel on the Thames. But the sun was shining and the sky was an appropriately corporate blue. Groups of us rode from several start points through central London with (or, rather, behind) the pros, before meeting on the Mall for a few laps of St. James Park. A nice way to start the year, although it was strange to be one of two hundred 'rats' following the pied piper, Mr. Wiggins and his new team-mates…
The impressive launch proper was held at Millbank Tower. At the heart of the ethos of this new British team is the idea of 'the thin blue line'. It's the difference between being good and being great, between winning and losing. It's a great expression of Dave Brailsford's belief in the power of aggregating marginal gains (something he brings from his success with British track cycling).
The electric blue line features prominently on the kit, bikes, bus, cars and pretty much everything to do with the team. We're going to get very used to seeing it and the riders will no doubt get used to walking it, and riding it. I suppose that's precisely what Dave has in mind.
If this exciting launch today is anything to go by, Team Sky have a great chance of crossing the thin blue line from good to great this year.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.