We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Photos by Dan Sharp
Following a fantastic post from the other day titled My Favorite Jersey by Joe Hall we received top honors from National Geographic Adventure in their Gear of the Year Awards. While it is not the Brive-Agen jersey that Mr. Hall speaks of, the Spanish Country Jersey held its own through the mountains of California a few short weeks ago. Riding the upcoming Tour of California route (and really learning how to climb) with Professional Road and Cyclocross Racer Tim Johnson we put all the new jerseys through the paces.
The red and yellow jersey that pays tribute to the "The Spaniard" stood out nicely with its accented gold zips, and because it helped me to drop Mr. Slate Olson on that day (he got me the next.) While I cannot say that the following statement is true in my case, it is scrawled into the inside of the rear stow pocket, and it sure sounds nice.
When the timing is right and he explodes from the gate an unstoppable force on two wheels is unleashed. Dancing in the mountains and fierce on the flat, a crescendo of speed and rhythm: The Spaniard.
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX