We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Snowys Trailer
Next week sees the release of The Snowys, the second film from The Rapha Continental Australia. The Snowy Mountains, the ‘Snowys’ of the film’s title, are home to Mount Kosciuszko, at 7,310ft the highest peak in Australia. Their place in Australian folklore was secured in 1890, with their appearance in The Man from Snowy River. Arguably Australia’s most well-known poem and penned by its best-loved poet, Andrew ‘Banjo’ Patterson, it is a lyrical tale of frontier heroism and the triumph of the underdog.
Shot in the middle of winter Down Under and directed by Joel Harmsworth, The Snowys presents an Australian landscape unfamiliar to those who have not visited the region and which, draped in snow for several months of the year, is part of the larger Australian Alps.
Set to a haunting score and produced in association with The Sweetshop, The Snowys contrasts the traditional transport of the Aussie stockman, the horse, with the modern bicycle; in so doing, it offers a lament for a way of life that has all but disappeared. Featuring hard road riding and big landscapes, The Snowys will be available on rapha.cc in high definition at the end of next week.
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!