[ locale string ]
The Snowys Trailer
Next week sees the release of The Snowys, the second film from The Rapha Continental Australia. The Snowy Mountains, the ‘Snowys’ of the film’s title, are home to Mount Kosciuszko, at 7,310ft the highest peak in Australia. Their place in Australian folklore was secured in 1890, with their appearance in The Man from Snowy River. Arguably Australia’s most well-known poem and penned by its best-loved poet, Andrew ‘Banjo’ Patterson, it is a lyrical tale of frontier heroism and the triumph of the underdog.
Shot in the middle of winter Down Under and directed by Joel Harmsworth, The Snowys presents an Australian landscape unfamiliar to those who have not visited the region and which, draped in snow for several months of the year, is part of the larger Australian Alps.
Set to a haunting score and produced in association with The Sweetshop, The Snowys contrasts the traditional transport of the Aussie stockman, the horse, with the modern bicycle; in so doing, it offers a lament for a way of life that has all but disappeared. Featuring hard road riding and big landscapes, The Snowys will be available on rapha.cc in high definition at the end of next week.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS