We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Smithfield Nocturne: 11.06.11
The Smithfield Nocturne came to life in 2007 when Rapha teamed with Condor and Face Partnership to create an evening criterium around Smithfield Market in the City of London. Over 5000 spectators witnessed elite and amateur racing under Twilight in the heart of London. In 2008 the Nocturne Series was established with a second edition of the Smithfield Nocturne and a new event in Salford Quays. In 2009 the Smithfield edition was joined by new courses in Edinburgh and Blackpool and continues to build on its legacy as the world's best urban cycling festival with races planned for Singapore and Melbourne.
This year’s IG Markets Nocturne London will again see the top British teams battle with WorldTour riders including former winner Russell Downing and Alex Dowsett for Team Sky, Cameron Meyer and Matt Wilson for Garmin-Cervelo and HTC-Highroad’s Matt Brammeier and Leigh Howard. Tough opposition for Rapha-Condor-Sharp, who have yet to win their domestic Nocturne.
The team this year they will be sporting a special edition skinsuit designed by Paul Smith. The eye-catching design features a trademark multi-stripe and the motto “every day is a new beginning”. It’s being worn as part of a charity project where 200 jerseys of the same design will be sold to raise money for the Japan earthquake appeal.
The action will begin at 16.30hrs. For more info visit the Nocturne Series website.
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX