We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Smithfield Nocturne: 11.06.11
The Smithfield Nocturne came to life in 2007 when Rapha teamed with Condor and Face Partnership to create an evening criterium around Smithfield Market in the City of London. Over 5000 spectators witnessed elite and amateur racing under Twilight in the heart of London. In 2008 the Nocturne Series was established with a second edition of the Smithfield Nocturne and a new event in Salford Quays. In 2009 the Smithfield edition was joined by new courses in Edinburgh and Blackpool and continues to build on its legacy as the world's best urban cycling festival with races planned for Singapore and Melbourne.
This year’s IG Markets Nocturne London will again see the top British teams battle with WorldTour riders including former winner Russell Downing and Alex Dowsett for Team Sky, Cameron Meyer and Matt Wilson for Garmin-Cervelo and HTC-Highroad’s Matt Brammeier and Leigh Howard. Tough opposition for Rapha-Condor-Sharp, who have yet to win their domestic Nocturne.
The team this year they will be sporting a special edition skinsuit designed by Paul Smith. The eye-catching design features a trademark multi-stripe and the motto “every day is a new beginning”. It’s being worn as part of a charity project where 200 jerseys of the same design will be sold to raise money for the Japan earthquake appeal.
The action will begin at 16.30hrs. For more info visit the Nocturne Series website.
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.