We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Smithfield Nocturne: 11.06.11
The Smithfield Nocturne came to life in 2007 when Rapha teamed with Condor and Face Partnership to create an evening criterium around Smithfield Market in the City of London. Over 5000 spectators witnessed elite and amateur racing under Twilight in the heart of London. In 2008 the Nocturne Series was established with a second edition of the Smithfield Nocturne and a new event in Salford Quays. In 2009 the Smithfield edition was joined by new courses in Edinburgh and Blackpool and continues to build on its legacy as the world's best urban cycling festival with races planned for Singapore and Melbourne.
This year’s IG Markets Nocturne London will again see the top British teams battle with WorldTour riders including former winner Russell Downing and Alex Dowsett for Team Sky, Cameron Meyer and Matt Wilson for Garmin-Cervelo and HTC-Highroad’s Matt Brammeier and Leigh Howard. Tough opposition for Rapha-Condor-Sharp, who have yet to win their domestic Nocturne.
The team this year they will be sporting a special edition skinsuit designed by Paul Smith. The eye-catching design features a trademark multi-stripe and the motto “every day is a new beginning”. It’s being worn as part of a charity project where 200 jerseys of the same design will be sold to raise money for the Japan earthquake appeal.
The action will begin at 16.30hrs. For more info visit the Nocturne Series website.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP
- RT @racefietsblog: Leuk, de Alpe d' Quiz van @RaphaRacing is begonnen! 3 weken elke dag een andere prijs http://t.co/QiWhfY8hXy @rapha_euro…
- The @rapharacing #festive500 is back. Once again we challenge riders worldwide to clock 500km between 24-31 Dec. → http://t.co/HmgDlUJTiI
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: LDN: great to have @DanMartin86 as guest barista in the club this afternoon. http://t.co/IeCC0HKuKr
- Part Two from @RigoZimmerman's series, ‘The Winter’ is now available to read → http://t.co/GIl5Kj9Sfy • Part One → http://t.co/8IclbHCHcc
- As teased at the weekend, Rapha is pleased to welcome the return of Alpe d’Quiz, three weeks of… http://t.co/od3pWXomm9