We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Smithfield Nocturne: 11.06.11
The Smithfield Nocturne came to life in 2007 when Rapha teamed with Condor and Face Partnership to create an evening criterium around Smithfield Market in the City of London. Over 5000 spectators witnessed elite and amateur racing under Twilight in the heart of London. In 2008 the Nocturne Series was established with a second edition of the Smithfield Nocturne and a new event in Salford Quays. In 2009 the Smithfield edition was joined by new courses in Edinburgh and Blackpool and continues to build on its legacy as the world's best urban cycling festival with races planned for Singapore and Melbourne.
This year’s IG Markets Nocturne London will again see the top British teams battle with WorldTour riders including former winner Russell Downing and Alex Dowsett for Team Sky, Cameron Meyer and Matt Wilson for Garmin-Cervelo and HTC-Highroad’s Matt Brammeier and Leigh Howard. Tough opposition for Rapha-Condor-Sharp, who have yet to win their domestic Nocturne.
The team this year they will be sporting a special edition skinsuit designed by Paul Smith. The eye-catching design features a trademark multi-stripe and the motto “every day is a new beginning”. It’s being worn as part of a charity project where 200 jerseys of the same design will be sold to raise money for the Japan earthquake appeal.
The action will begin at 16.30hrs. For more info visit the Nocturne Series website.
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX
- Churchill → http://t.co/5yhkiupJAH #raphasurvey #wayfaring #cycling