We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Rouleur Annual Photographers
The 2009 Rouleur Photo Annual is now out. A few short weeks ago they gathered and payed homage to the photographers that contributed to making the publication wonderful. Dan Sharp was one of these photographers and his photos from the 100th Anniversary of the Giro d'Italia are featured within. He made the trip from Portland, Oregon a town that he has called home for over ten years now, to the UK to help the other photographers celebrate.
Dan turned the cameras on the photographers represented at the show. Something that we do not get to see often. The one that I personally am the most excited about is his capture of the elusive beauty Taz Darling. Having spent weeks with her swatting the camera from my hands last year I almost gave up hope. But this image proves it — the snow leopard does exist.
The photographers (some, but not all) of the 2009 Rouleur Photo Annual.
Photos by Daniel Sharp
Camille J McMillan
Rein van de Wouw
Dan has been keeping himself quite busy since returning from the U.K. He promptly got off the plane and printed up a selection of his Giro photos and hung them in the Vanilla Workshop to display. Check out the coverage of that over on Embrocation.
Then, (and it doesn't end there) with the help of local Creative Wizards and friends of the Rapha family Joe Staples and Max Erdenberger we put his photos into a little story dubbed "Il Centenario — Una Storia.
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq