[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Road to Paris part 3
Sector 5 – Veretz to St Pryve-St Mesmin (110km – ascent 330m)
Not far out of Veretz our route intersects the Loire Valley which we follow North-East for the whole of the sector. It’s the terrain to get organised and share the work over the practically pan flat parcours. Maybe it’s a sector to get all the team out of the bus and into team time trial mode. If you have time to lift your eyes from the wheel in front you might just see the Chateau de Amboise picked out in the moonlight, residence of several notable historical figures including Leonardo da Vinci and Mary Queen of Scots. Further upstream we pass close to other notable chateaux of the Loire Valley including the Chateau de Chaumont and Chateau de Chambord. Halfway marker of the sector is the city of Blois who’s twinkling street lights will be visible on the opposite bank. We continue to trace the Loire towards Orleans and the end of the sector in St Pryve-St Mesmin.
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP
- RT @racefietsblog: Leuk, de Alpe d' Quiz van @RaphaRacing is begonnen! 3 weken elke dag een andere prijs http://t.co/QiWhfY8hXy @rapha_euro…
- The @rapharacing #festive500 is back. Once again we challenge riders worldwide to clock 500km between 24-31 Dec. → http://t.co/HmgDlUJTiI
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: LDN: great to have @DanMartin86 as guest barista in the club this afternoon. http://t.co/IeCC0HKuKr
- Part Two from @RigoZimmerman's series, ‘The Winter’ is now available to read → http://t.co/GIl5Kj9Sfy • Part One → http://t.co/8IclbHCHcc
- As teased at the weekend, Rapha is pleased to welcome the return of Alpe d’Quiz, three weeks of… http://t.co/od3pWXomm9
- The 2013 edition of Alpe d’Quiz is now underway. For a chance to win a Rapha Backpack + Rain Cover, enter here → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq