We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Road To NAHBS
A quick look around on a ride yesterday brought to mind the fast approaching North American Handmade Bicycle show. Fellow Rapha Continental Rider Cole Maness was astride his Sycip; who will be situated in the booth adjacent to ours — and new riding pal Moi Medina was riding his blacked out Independent Fabrication road bike. The 50 mile round trip ride took us through the hills known in these parts as the Verdugo's. The start, however, was impressive as Cole introduced me to the strange and utilitarian Arroyo Seco Bikepath. It was there, as we snaked through the chain link fence and made our way down to the waterway that I thought of the man who made my personal steed, one of the few people that I absolutely make time for at every NAHBS show — Richard Sachs.
Our immediate focus at the NAHBS show will be the Rapha Bicycle Collection and our new Spring & Summer Collection which will be available for viewing in its entirety. But, that does not meant that we do not make time for all of our other friends — builders, manufacturers and a few fantastic painters — when they are all encapsulated in one area. The list of Builders that we have had the pleasure of working with has grown year after year to a level that we now call them all friends.
After the ride thoughts of this new place, Austin, Texas and these people brought up a very important question, or series of questions in my mind. What, or who are you looking forward to seeing at the show? Or, conversely, if you cannot make it there, what should I investigate for you?
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC