We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Road To NAHBS
A quick look around on a ride yesterday brought to mind the fast approaching North American Handmade Bicycle show. Fellow Rapha Continental Rider Cole Maness was astride his Sycip; who will be situated in the booth adjacent to ours — and new riding pal Moi Medina was riding his blacked out Independent Fabrication road bike. The 50 mile round trip ride took us through the hills known in these parts as the Verdugo's. The start, however, was impressive as Cole introduced me to the strange and utilitarian Arroyo Seco Bikepath. It was there, as we snaked through the chain link fence and made our way down to the waterway that I thought of the man who made my personal steed, one of the few people that I absolutely make time for at every NAHBS show — Richard Sachs.
Our immediate focus at the NAHBS show will be the Rapha Bicycle Collection and our new Spring & Summer Collection which will be available for viewing in its entirety. But, that does not meant that we do not make time for all of our other friends — builders, manufacturers and a few fantastic painters — when they are all encapsulated in one area. The list of Builders that we have had the pleasure of working with has grown year after year to a level that we now call them all friends.
After the ride thoughts of this new place, Austin, Texas and these people brought up a very important question, or series of questions in my mind. What, or who are you looking forward to seeing at the show? Or, conversely, if you cannot make it there, what should I investigate for you?
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.