We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Road To NAHBS
A quick look around on a ride yesterday brought to mind the fast approaching North American Handmade Bicycle show. Fellow Rapha Continental Rider Cole Maness was astride his Sycip; who will be situated in the booth adjacent to ours — and new riding pal Moi Medina was riding his blacked out Independent Fabrication road bike. The 50 mile round trip ride took us through the hills known in these parts as the Verdugo's. The start, however, was impressive as Cole introduced me to the strange and utilitarian Arroyo Seco Bikepath. It was there, as we snaked through the chain link fence and made our way down to the waterway that I thought of the man who made my personal steed, one of the few people that I absolutely make time for at every NAHBS show — Richard Sachs.
Our immediate focus at the NAHBS show will be the Rapha Bicycle Collection and our new Spring & Summer Collection which will be available for viewing in its entirety. But, that does not meant that we do not make time for all of our other friends — builders, manufacturers and a few fantastic painters — when they are all encapsulated in one area. The list of Builders that we have had the pleasure of working with has grown year after year to a level that we now call them all friends.
After the ride thoughts of this new place, Austin, Texas and these people brought up a very important question, or series of questions in my mind. What, or who are you looking forward to seeing at the show? Or, conversely, if you cannot make it there, what should I investigate for you?
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb