[ locale string ]
The Road To NAHBS
A quick look around on a ride yesterday brought to mind the fast approaching North American Handmade Bicycle show. Fellow Rapha Continental Rider Cole Maness was astride his Sycip; who will be situated in the booth adjacent to ours — and new riding pal Moi Medina was riding his blacked out Independent Fabrication road bike. The 50 mile round trip ride took us through the hills known in these parts as the Verdugo's. The start, however, was impressive as Cole introduced me to the strange and utilitarian Arroyo Seco Bikepath. It was there, as we snaked through the chain link fence and made our way down to the waterway that I thought of the man who made my personal steed, one of the few people that I absolutely make time for at every NAHBS show — Richard Sachs.
Our immediate focus at the NAHBS show will be the Rapha Bicycle Collection and our new Spring & Summer Collection which will be available for viewing in its entirety. But, that does not meant that we do not make time for all of our other friends — builders, manufacturers and a few fantastic painters — when they are all encapsulated in one area. The list of Builders that we have had the pleasure of working with has grown year after year to a level that we now call them all friends.
After the ride thoughts of this new place, Austin, Texas and these people brought up a very important question, or series of questions in my mind. What, or who are you looking forward to seeing at the show? Or, conversely, if you cannot make it there, what should I investigate for you?
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP