We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Ride Before The Ride
This summer the Rapha Continental has been attending a handful of organized rides and events and last weekend we rode the Oregon EchelonFondo. A ride that is close to home, Hood River, OR, and a ride that would see Chris Horner - Team RadioShack as guest rider.
As Hood River is only a 70+ mile bicycle ride away we decided to ride out the day before the EchelonFondo. As soon as we all made plans to meet at Stumptown in deep SE Portland I had sudden feelings of a Classic Continental Ride. Just 6 of us, self supported, no follow van, our own cameras and on our own time.
It was brilliant, sunny, humid, and a good solid day on the bike with all the classic Continental elements, exploration, fresh salmon that we stuffed our pockets with for dinner later, flat tires, fading daylight, poaching pears, and camaraderie. Everything that makes a ride, a real ride.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb