We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Ride Before The Ride
This summer the Rapha Continental has been attending a handful of organized rides and events and last weekend we rode the Oregon EchelonFondo. A ride that is close to home, Hood River, OR, and a ride that would see Chris Horner - Team RadioShack as guest rider.
As Hood River is only a 70+ mile bicycle ride away we decided to ride out the day before the EchelonFondo. As soon as we all made plans to meet at Stumptown in deep SE Portland I had sudden feelings of a Classic Continental Ride. Just 6 of us, self supported, no follow van, our own cameras and on our own time.
It was brilliant, sunny, humid, and a good solid day on the bike with all the classic Continental elements, exploration, fresh salmon that we stuffed our pockets with for dinner later, flat tires, fading daylight, poaching pears, and camaraderie. Everything that makes a ride, a real ride.
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX