We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
The Rapha Roller Race: Culture Clash II
Saturday 17th November 2007
Roller race record falls. It was an amazing night of roller racing and music on Saturday in central London. The courier team came from behind to win the competition, with sometime Rapha model and messenger Seb winning in great style. The long standing Rollapaluza record fell to Simon Jackson with a time of 19.80.
The record was in fact beaten four times as the night progressed as roller techniques were perfected and muscles loosened up.
The night commenced with guests and competitors greeted with a red carpet entrance at the Classic Car Club, where Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martins and many other beautiful vehicles were on display. The atmosphere was completed with the staging of the racing duels in a boxing ring and live music performed by upcoming band Cyclones.
Culture Clash II saw teams representing London couriers, media folk, cycling journalists and mystery Dutch riders, all climbing into the ring to raise funds for Leuka. When the racing truly got underway in the knockout rounds, the crowd responded: the atmosphere highly charged with spectators cheering in support of their favourite teams and riders.
London’s male courier team (placing last at the previous event) bagged a convincing victory in an all courier final. Emma Cairns, from the media team, won the girls’ competition in equally convincing manner and sealed the overall victory for the Fireflies over the courier ladies.
Another wonderful night of roller racing in collaboration with Rollapaluza is on the cards for February 2008. More teams and the chance for anyone to test their skills on the rollers. Details to follow.
images by Mark Denton
See more details about roller racing at:
Rolling the Night Away
Culture Clash Roller Race - The Rollers Return!
Cycling Weakly - Journalists sand-bag the Rapha Roller Race
Is roller racing the next big thing in competitive pedalling?
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX